The PLTC Wine List
Winter Season, 2013-14
The following wines are available at the bar.
* by the bottle only
Volondas Sauvignon Blanc – Chile
- Pale straw yellow in colour. Aromas of lime and grapefruit , surrounded by passion fruit. Crisp and juicy in the palate, with lime, pear and herbal flavours in delicate balance, with a soft finish.
San Giorgio Pinot Grigio – Italy
- This wine has an attractive pale straw colour. It is fruity (apples and pears) with a hint of almond. Dry and medium bodied it has a citrusy, zesty acidity and a clean, crisp finish.
*Viognier, Bodegas Santa Ana – Argentina
- A vibrant, luminous colour with green hues. On the nose, peach, apricot and almond aromas prevail with a refreshing yet fruity palate with a smooth and round finish.
*Neptune Point MarlboroughSauvignon Blanc-N/Zealand
- This rich and crispy wine reflects its Marlborough origin, with black currants and gooseberry aromas as well as nuances of elderflower and nettle. It is well-balanced, elegant and has a long finish.
Volondas Cabernet Sauvignon Rose – Chile
- Great rose with intense fruit bouquet and red currant notes.
Gold County Zinfandel Blush – USA
- Delightful summer fruits with an uplifting touch of sweetness on the finish, clean acidity with a medium body and a pleasant integrated finish.
Volandas Merlot – Chile
- Red cherry and plum aromas. Filled with currant, ripe plum, cherry, vanilla and blackberry flavours, complemented by a delicious smokiness and finished with sweet ripe tannins.
*Euca Hill Shiraz – Australia
- A rich nose redolent with red and black berry aromas and a smooth, textured palate dripping with juicy dark fruits, hints of chocolate and lively spices
*Senorial Rioja Joven – Spain
- Attractive varietal aromas of red berries, fresh strawberry leaf and some hints of spice. Elegant and easy drinking.
*Alta Vista Malbec – Argentina
- Full bodied and elegant yet it has richness on the mid-palate. The emphasis is put on fruit flavours through gentle extraction methods.